Founded in 2006, Canine Connection boasts 24-hour staffing, several outdoor play areas, private suites and a doggie swimming pool. Owners can check on their pets at any time using the company's website, which features webcam monitoring individual rooms and group areas. The brightly painted front office is adorned with colorful pop art portraits of pups. The front of the facility houses Canine Culture, the company's dog-centric retail store and grooming salon, where owners can find all kinds of treats for their pets. The company regularly sponsors events to benefit groups like the Louisiana SPCA, including BARKtoberfest, Dog Day Afternoon, Toasts & Tails, and Howling Success. And has a resale shop, NO Fleas Market at 4228 Magazine Street to benefit Animal Welfare by donating a portion of the proceeds to local shelters and rescue groups.
- We are open 365 days a year.
- Our managers and supervisors have over 38 years combined professional dog-handling experience.
- We are staffed with a pet CPR certified trained employee 24 hours a day.
- Our new hires go through an extensive on-the-job training list and classroom training on dog behavior and handling techniques.
- We have on average 11+ employees scheduled during business hours.
- We were voted Best Boarding by Gambit readers in 2011 & 2013. We placed in the top 3 in four other years.
- We power wash our playrooms every week and sanitize them nightly.
- We sanitize our play yards and outdoor runs every night.
- We deep clean suites in-between boarders every day.
- We change our air filters at least weekly.
- We give away approximately 900lbs. of treats each year.
- We've met over 12,000 cats and dogs since opening our facility in 2006.
- We have 16 air conditioning units throughout our facility.
- We have a resale shop, NO Fleas Market, where we donate proceeds to over 25 local shelters and rescue groups.
- We host the annual BARKtoberfest to benefit the LA/SPCA.
- We sponsor, support and donate to many local non-profits throughout the year.